Marine crustacean consisting of a cephalothorax, abdomen and tail. Rostrum well developed and toothed throughout its dorsal and ventral margins; number of teeth usually ranging from 17 to 19 dorsal and 8 to 10 ventral. Carapace ornamented with 3 lateral carinae. Distinct mid-dorsal keel ending posteriorly in strong tooth on abdominal segments 3 and 4. Colour: general background nacreous pink with red blotches on carapace and thorax as well as abdominal appendages. Maximum total length: 14.2 cm.
- Area 27: the Northeastern part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 34: the Eastern Central part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 37: the Mediterranean Sea and the Black Sea
- Area 51: the Western part of the Indian Ocean
- Area 71: the Western Central part of the Pacific Ocean
- Area 77: the Eastern Central part of the Pacific Ocean