SEAFOOD VALUE CHAIN.
NEXT EDITION DATES: September 30, 2024.
The 11th International Congress Conxemar-FAO has established itself as one of the key events for processors and marketers of seafood products from around the world.
This event is the result of the union of Conxemar – the Spanish Association of Wholesalers, Importers, Exporters and Processors of Fishery and Aquaculture Products and one of the reference entities within the European food sector – and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Their objective? To bring together the big names in the sector to analyze the current challenges facing the seafood processing and marketing industry and its commitment to sustainability in all its aspects and from all points of view.
The seafood value chain is transforming and we must rethink the way we approach our strategies in an increasingly complex and volatile environment.
Round tables 2023 edition
During the Conxemar FAO Congress, 5 round tables were organized around the Blue Transformation. The debates brought together some of the most relevant experts in the sector.
Below you can see the complete videos of the round tables:
Round table 1
We discuss the importance of brand integrity with:
- María Sapiña. Environmental Manageress of MERCADONA.
- Eduardo Dendarrieta. Private Label Manager of ALCAMPO.
- Steve Challouma. Chief Marketing Officer of NOMAD FOODS.
- Eduardo Ruiz. Operations Director of ANEDILCO.
Modera: Mercedes Salas. Journalist with Expertise in Fisheries at EFE AGRO.
Round table 2
Analizamos el futuro de la pesca y los modelos de gestión con:
- Marcelo Vasconcellos. Fishery Officer at FAO.
- Marina Santurtún. Sustainable Fisheries and Oceans Market Director of AZTI.
- Dr. Carlos Ángel Lasta. Honorary researcher at INIDEP and representative of the National Executive in the Federal Fisheries Council INIDEP.
- Enrique Alonso. Global Fisheries Director of SUSTAINABLE FISHERIES PARTNERSHIPS.
Moderator: Daniela Costa. General Secretary of CCRUP.