Union and independence allow Conxemar to defend the interests of the industry, with an active presence in the institutions where decisions are taken, and to boost its growth with campaigns to promote fish consumption among the population
Joining efforts to strengthen the international visibility and competitiveness of the sector
Conxemar, the Spanish Association of Wholesalers, Importers, Exporters and Manufacturers of fish products and Aquaculture is consolidated as an essential instrument in uniting the frozen food sector in our country.
The 230 member companies represented have a combined annual turnover of more than 8,700 million euros and 17,000 jobs.
A wide range of services
for our members
Conxemar offers its members a wide range of services, all of them focused on facilitating their day-to-day business activity and improving their competitiveness. Some of our members are:
- To represent and defend the interests of the sector before public or private, national and international bodies, in order to achieve the most possible favorable regulations for companies.
- To promote the business development and competitiveness of the associates and to defend a level playing field.
- To promote the consumption of fishery and aquaculture products, and their derivatives, and to provide members with market information.
- To achieve economic independence, which allows to maintain social, corporate and political independence, without the need to resort to the associates for this purpose.
- Any other lawful activity necessary to achieve the objectives of the Association at all times.
We are present at:
- Chair of the Market Advisory Council (MAC) as a member of the EU Fish Processors and Traders Association (AIPCE)
- Vice-Chair of the European Federation of National Organizations of Importers and Exporters of Fish (CEP)
- Executive Member of the MAC and Spokesperson of Working Group II (EU Markets)
- Representatives of the European Association in the Long Distance Fisheries Advisory Council (LDAC)
- Member of the Spanish Executive Committee of the Long Distance Fleet Advisory Council
- Member of the Spanish Federation of Food and Drink Industries (FIAB)
- Member of the Spanish Technological Platform for Fisheries and Aquaculture (PTEPA)
- Member of the Galician Fisheries Council