Marine fish with regularly ossified skeleton. Robust body, with almost vertical head profile and obtuse snout, without thorns. Horizontal mouth with teeth in rows. Pleated fur. The color of the back is incarnate or carmine pink with darker spots.
- Area 27: the Northeastern part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 34: the Eastern Central part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 37: the Mediterranean Sea and the Black Sea
- Area 47: the Southeastern part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 51: the Western part of the Indian Ocean