Marine fish with regularly ossified skeleton. Long body with oval section, covered with large, easily removable scales. Superior position in mouth (lower jaw is more developed than upper jaw). Clearly striated operculum. Without lateral line. Forked caudal fin. Greenish or bluish back, silvery ventrally.
- Area 1: Africa - Inland waters
- Area 27: the Northeastern part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 34: the Eastern Central part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 37: the Mediterranean Sea and the Black Sea
- Area 4: Asia - Inland waters
- Area 5: Europe - Inland waters
Download QR code and include it in your packagingDownload