Indian white shrimp
Marine crustacean consisting of a cephalothorax, abdomen and tail. Carapace rather smooth, lacking gastrofrontal and hepatic crests; adrostral crest extending as far as or just before epigastric tooth; rostrum slightly curved at tip and sigmoidal-shaped, usually bearing 7 to 9 upper teeth (including those on carapace) and 3 to 6 lower teeth. Colour: body semi-translucent, somewhat yellowish white (small specimens) or greyish green and covered with numerous minute dark brown dots; eyes light brown and covered with some dark brown mesh-like stripes; rostral and abdominal dorsal crests reddish brown to dark brown; antennal flagella yellowish; antennular flagella of same colour as body and covered with many dark spots; legs translucent and somewhat whitish. Maximum total length 228 mm; maximum carapace length 56 mm.
- Area 47: the Southeastern part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 51: the Western part of the Indian Ocean
- Area 57: the Eastern part of the Indian Ocean
- Area 61: the Northwestern part of the Pacific Ocean
- Area 71: the Western Central part of the Pacific Ocean
Download QR code and include it in your packagingDownload