Euryhaline fish (marine and freshwater) with regularly ossified skeleton. Body elongate, laterally compressed. Head rather pointed; eye moderately large; snout elongate, pointed. Mouth large; lower jaw prominent, teeth in lower jaw larger than those in upper, strong teeth on tongue and canines on vomer. Dorsal fin origin in front of pelvic fin bases. It has anal and pectoral fins. Caudal fin forked. Body color is pale green on back, with purple, blue, and pink iridescent reflections on the side when freshly caught. Maximum total lenght: 35.6 cm.
- Area 18: the Arctic Ocean
- Area 2: America, North - Inland waters
- Area 21: the Northwestern part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 27: the Northeastern part of the Atlantic Ocean
- Area 61: the Northwestern part of the Pacific Ocean
- Area 67: the Northeastern part of the Pacific Ocean
Download QR code and include it in your packagingDownload